Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Embrace of Grace

 I should probably have named this Blog,  ' The 2:30 am Blog '. 
It seems, this is the hour that the Holy Spirit is filling my heart with the content for these posts. Each one has been written in the wee hours of the morning, and I love it! I am so delighted to think on the treasures we have because of Grace.

 A beautiful, eternal relationship between my soul and Grace, was first initiated in my heart in 1974. My Pastor at the time, Pastor Carl Stevens was preaching about it. I didn't understand it so much but my thirsting soul drank it up.

For me, Grace was like the breath of the Holy Spirit. He lived in me and His breath of Grace filled my being. It is the same today as then. Grace is as personal as a kiss from my Lord and Savior. 

At times I am unaware of its  continual flow in my life.  Then a situation arises and before my heart even cries out, Grace is by my side. 
In Job 38:22, God questions Job. "Have you entered into the treasures of the snow?" "or have you seen the treasures of the hail ...?"
Job could not explain the phenomena of the snow and neither can we explain the wonderful phenomena of His grace. We can only know how very much we need it. Grace paves the road of our lives with capacity to receive all He wants to give  to us.

David said, in Psalm 31:8 "You have set my feet in a large place."
Grace is Huge! There is no trouble or event that can overshadow it.
It is a safe place, and Just before saying this, he said, "You have not given me over into the hand of the enemy."  David knew he was in God's own hand, and it was because of Grace.

Beloved, There will never be a shortage of His Loving Grace.
Just stretch out your arms and receive it's embrace.
The embrace of Grace!

1 comment: