Friday, November 7, 2014

The Covanant Gate-way

"I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you."
Genesis 17:7

All of my past experiences, my culture and education,
my family and friends, as well as my religious upbringing have served to produce a specific map of thought in my soul.
 I am familiar with the highways and by-ways there.
I learned to negotiate the traffic of a life without Christ. 

The problem with that,
is that every roadway and path led to a dead end. 
I was not even aware that my compass- my own reasoning,
was wrong.
Then Christ came into my world and became the center of my life.
His Word is my compass. He is my true North.
A lot of road work is going on now.
Some of my dead ends have been closed off.
Some have been repaired and opened up,
all of it leading on to a new destination.
How has this happened?
He is our Amazing God. He is the creator of our very lives.
He is the creator and redeemer of my life.
It is because I have entered through the Covenant Gate-way.
This, simply put, is the cross of Jesus Christ.
This is where the Father made His covenant
with His Son for our sakes.
This blood covenant can never be revoked.
We enter into this agreement simply 
by receiving what has been done for us.
Then all the benefits and promises of God become our own.

People say there are many paths to God.
This is incorrect-
There are many journeys- but only one path.
Our journey must begin by going through the  
Covenant Gate of Calvary. 
Passing through the cross by His grace is where it all begins. 
It is the Master Mapmaker who leads us in our particular journey.
After we have entered through the  Covenant Gate-way,
our experience  along the paths of our particular journey
will be determined by the tools we use to cut through
the thicket that fills our paths.
The tools He-Himself has given to us;
faith, hope,His precious Word. the Body of Christ and 
the armor of God that is described in Ephesians 6.
We have all we need for our journey in Christ Jesus, and Calvary is the only point of entry for this resurrected life.
Have a great Life!



 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.  2Cor. 3:6


No comments:

Post a Comment